Snowboarding is a dynamic and exciting sport that takes your adrenaline levels to a completely new level. It’s also a humbling and exciting experience because you can’t help but appreciate its natural beauty. As an added bonus, it makes you feel alive.
Some people love to snowboard while listening to their favorite songs. It helps them maintain momentum and adds to the adrenaline rush they get from the activity.
What to consider when selecting the best earbuds for snowboarding
There are a lot of different headphones to choose from, but you should never just pick any pair of earbuds. There are many things to consider when picking your earbuds for snowboarding activities.
When you’re snowshoeing or skiing in the snow, make sure to pay attention to how long your headphones will last.
If you’re someone who spends more than a few hours on the slopes every day, it’s worth investing in a device that can last all day. A minimum battery life of 6 hours is what most people are looking for.
Design and Fit
The most important feature to consider when selecting the best earbuds for snowboarding is the design and fit. The design should be comfortable and it should not interfere with any other activity that you will be doing while snowboarding. It is also important to make sure that the headphones are not too tight as this can cause discomfort.
There are three main types of headphones: in-ear, on the ear, and over ear. In-ear earbuds are best for snowboarding because they are small and lightweight.
If you want to get good audio quality with good bass, then over-ear or on-ear headphones could be your best bet. They can be bulky but they produce excellent sound.
Snowboarding is a great time – but you better have earbuds that stand up to the elements. Earbuds with an IPX rating are suitable for snowboarding.
Make sure the controls are simple. You can adjust the volume and listen to ambient sounds with ease while sliding via the hill.
9 Best Earbuds for Snowboarding
If you are one of those who love snowboarding with your favorite music, you will need a pair of best earbuds to have while out snowboarding the area resort.
|Dimensions||19.8 x 0.5 x 1 inches|
|Battery Life||8 hours|
|Special Features||Running active lifestyle|
The Jaybird X4 earbuds offer a new level of protection. One of my main complaints with the previous Jaybird X3 earbuds was that they weren’t waterproof, so thankfully the new earbuds have been properly waterproofed. The Jaybird X4 keep that sweat-proof design but introduce an IPX7 waterproof certification for when you get caught in a downpour or drop these in the pool.
- They come with a battery life of up to 8 hours, so you won’t have to worry about running out of power.
- This headphone is fully sweat-proof and waterproof (IPX7) so you don’t have to worry about them when you’re in the snow.
- They are designed to be used during workouts but they work well for more casual situations too.
- They’re also lightweight and come with a silicone ear-tip that provides a comfortable and snug fit. You can wear them all day without feeling uncomfortable.
- The great sound quality and customizable EQ settings mean you can get the perfect listening experience easily.
- Headphones allow users to control phone calls and control listen to music without interrupting snowboarding.
Apple AirPods Pro
|Dimensions||0.9 x 0.9 x 1.2 inches|
|Weight||5.4g, Charging case: 45.6|
|Battery Life||4.5 hours|
|Special Features||ANC, Transparency mode|
The Apple AirPods Pro headphones are one of the most popular ones around and make a great wireless option for snowboarding. These headphones are also very convenient, comfortable and durable.
These headphones are very lightweight, comfortable and easy to carry around. They’re also designed with a smaller profile, which makes them perfect for when you’re wearing a hat or helmet.
AirPods Pro give you up to 4.5 hours of listening time on a single charge. That should be enough for most of the day, but if not, don’t worry! A 15-minute charge in the included case will give you an extra 2 hours of listening time.
These wireless headphones are powered by the Apple H1 chip, which provides excellent connection. You will not have lost signal or latency issues so don’t worry about that. These are for those who want better tech.
- Cut the noise with Active Noise Cancellation.
- Transparency mode allows for easy communication with your surroundings while still listening to the outside world.
- Apple AirPods Pro make easy to set up for all your Apple devices.
- Say “Hey, Siri” to access Siri from your headphones — without having to unlock your iPhone or talk loud near it.
|Color||Black, Navy, Ivory, Cloud Pink,|
Glacier Blue, Lava Red, Spring Yellow
|Dimensions||10 x 7.9 x 11 inches|
|Battery Life||9 hours|
|Special Features||Sturdy design, secure fit, adjustable ear hooks|
The Beats Powerbeats Pro earphones come with improved sound quality and battery life, making them better than AirPods. They offer all the same basic features as the 2019 AirPods, including fast pairing, reliable wireless connection and Siri voice recognition for iOS users. The sound quality is great and phone call quality is excellent. There are buttons for controlling volume, playback, etc. It is designed with Android users in mind.
Adjustable-length ear loops will allow you to dial in a precise and secure fit. They have a strong grip and will stay in place, even when you take hard falls or when you go off a jump.
- Designed with high-quality and lightweight materials, the headphones provide a comfortable wearing experience.
- Enjoy up to 9 hours on single charge.(more than 24 hours with charging case)
- 5 minutes charge for 1.5 hours
- Apple H1 Headphone Chip
- Sweat and water resistant
- Built-in microphone that is great for phone calls
Skullcandy Smokin’ Buds 2
|Dimensions||1.1 x 3.5 x 6.3 inches|
|Special Features||Noise isolating fit|
The Skullcandy Smokin’ Buds 2 headphones are great for anyone who wants to listen to music on the slopes without spending too much money. They’re perfect for any snowboarder who wants to make or receive calls while they ride.
This pair of classic ear-bud-style headphones are corded, which is a bit old-fashioned but there are benefits to not worrying about the battery life. This way, you can save on cost and keep an old trend.
These earbuds have a comfortable design that will stay in your ears and won’t be too uncomfortable. You can adjust the size of the earpiece if need be for a better fit. This will also help minimize outside noise and boost audio quality.
Headphones with a microphone and audio control button let you make and receive calls as well as play and pause your music and answer your phone.
The noise isolating fit cuts out any distracting sounds from the outside world.
Outdoor Tech Chips 2.0
|Ear Placement||On Ear|
|Dimensions||2 x 4 x 0.5 inches|
Outdoor Tech Chips 2.0 has some of the best options if you’re looking for headphones that will fit together with your helmet’s ear pads.
These earbuds will easily attach to any compatible helmet. They allow you to listen to music or talk with friends. Most good helmets come with slots for these types of earbuds, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility being an issue.
- The 40mm drivers will give you clear sound for any Bluetooth-compatible helmet.
- Sweat-Proof and extremely cold weather does not affect its functionality.
- 10 hours of playtime on a single charge.
- The easy to use controls of the headset are glove-friendly and include volume change features, play/pause button, track control buttons and built-in microphone
Jabra Elite Active 65t
|Color||Titanium Black, Copper Blue,|
Copper Black, Copper Red, Gold Beige
|Form Factor||In Ear|
|Dimensions||4.9 x 2.2 x 7.3 inches|
|Weight||13g (earbuds) 56g (case)|
The Jabra Elite Active 65t is often rated at the top of its category. It’s not only good for outdoor activities like snowboarding – it also provides a great workout experience.
This earbuds is the sportiest model in the range. They also offer greater sweat resistance.
They are stable and breathable in-ears, which is why they’re one of the best headphones for snowboarding or fitness.
True wireless earbuds for an active lifestyle – With the Elite Active 65t, you’ll always be able to enjoy your workouts or calls without any worries. These secure-fitting earbuds provide dependable stability thanks to their in-ear design.
With up to 5 hours of battery life on a single charge, up to 15 hours when combined with the charging case, and 4 microphones for best-in-class call quality.
|Color||Black, Nimbus Gray|
|Form Factor||In Ear|
|Dimensions||5 x 1.9 x 7.2 inches|
|Weight||4.8g (earbuds) 32g (case)|
Jaybird is an audio device brand that is popular among many sports, like snowboarding. They’re also favored by those looking for a good wireless listening experience.
True wireless headphones market are now entering the competitive high-priced space. Jaybird wants to be the first pick for snowboarders
- Fully waterproof, crushproof, dropproof and sweatproof construction ensures Vista can withstand any workout. It is IPX7 certified for a perfect level of protection from rain, snow and fitness conditions.
- Vista’s JBS1 wireless bluetooth headset guarantees an excellent sound for both music and phone calls, as well as a reliable connection that pairs easily to any phone.
- Vista’s earbuds are among the smallest and lightest on the market and can be very comfortable. They’re so comfortable you might even forget you’re wearing them!
- Three sizes of interchangeable ear gels keep from falling to a secure, comfortable fit that’s weightless and barely noticeable while you’re on the move.
- Vista only gives you 6 hours for single charge, but you can get up to 16 hours total charge in the compact charging case.
Bose Soundsport Wireless Earbuds
|Color||Black, Aqua, Citron|
|Form Factor||In Ear|
|Dimensions||1 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
The Bose SoundSport Wireless is a set of workout earbuds that may be a years-old. Despite this, they remain one of the most popular models on the market.
Bose is valued for its high-quality sound and their new line of headphones with active EQ technology make this sound possible.
The Bose SoundSport headphones will not disappoint you if you care about getting good audio quality. They are perfect for people who want to enjoy music while they are enjoying their vacation in the snow.
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts for convenience.
- Stay-Hear tips keep these headphones comfortably in place during workouts, so they won’t fall out when exercising.
- Sweat and weather resistant for reliable performance in any weather.
- Up to 6 hours of battery life on a single charge. so you can go all day without worrying about running out of power.
Sennheiser CX Sport
|Fit Type||In Ear|
|Dimensions||12.5 x 0.6 x 1.8 inches|
The Sennheiser CS Sport is a good option for any rider who wants headphones that can be worn in other sports. These will function great while you are snowboarding and work in the gym or on the courts in the warmer months.
They are sweat and splash resistant, meaning that they won’t be a problem if you’re out in the snow or working out.
- Sennheiser proprietary transducers are engineered and built in Germany to deliver balanced and detailed sound quality.
- Dynamic bass capability for deep and rich sound.
- Charge the CX SPORT for only 1.5 hours to achieve a full battery with up to 6 hours of battery life.
Here are some answers to a few quick questions about earbuds for snowboarding.
Is it safe to snowboard with earbuds?
Some people might think that it is perfectly safe to snowboard with earbuds as you can listen to music and be distracted from the environment around you. However, this may not be the case as snowboarding is a high-risk sport and snowboarding with headphones and pumping music that could distract you and cause an accident.
How do you listen to music while snowboarding?
Listening to music while snowboarding is a great way to add fun to an already enjoyable activity. However, there are some safety considerations that you should take into account. The safest way to listen to music while snowboarding is by using a helmet with speakers on it.
The speakers are usually in the ear pads at the top of the helmet. These speakers are designed for wind and weather protection so they can withstand any harsh conditions. It is important that the speakers are safe and secure in order not to interfere with your safety while out on the slopes.
How to Optimize Safety While Snowboarding?
It is important to wear a headphone that fits your ear. Choose one that is the right size and shape for your ears. Too large of a headphone may fall out of your ear entirely. This will help keep you safer.
Ride with audio only playing in one ear: Ride with audio only playing in one ear so you can hear what is going on around you and be aware of any dangers coming up behind you.
Keep audio levels low: Keep the volume level low so if there is an emergency, it will be easier to hear the sound when it comes through the other side of your headphones.
that are right for your needs. You should figure out what is most important to you when it comes to your headphones and then find a pair of headphones that meets those requirements.
Listening to music at the slopes can be a lot of fun but it does come with its own dangers. You need to know about these possible risks and do what you can to address them and avoid any potential accidents.
Reba is the founder of M2TechAudio.com, a site dedicated to providing honest and unbiased reviews of audio products. She’s been an audiophile for over a decade and has a deep understanding of how to get the best sound out of speaker systems and headphones.